Nothing can beat a lovely salad on a nice summer day. For one to two persons. Ingredients: A tin of tuna A hard boiled egg Tomatoes Lettuce Coriander Radish Mayonnaise Tabasco Ground sea salt pinch Ground black pepper Fresh chilli (optional) Mash the boiled […]
Ingredients and equipment
You will need a 7″round 3″ deep cake tin lined with greaseproof paper at the bottom.
- 4 egg yolks
- 80g of plain yoghurt
- A pinch of salt
- 40g of vegetable oil
- 15g of potato flour
- 60g of plain flour
- 60g of sugar
- 4 egg whites
- A few drops of vinegar
- A cup of berries of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 160C.
- Mix the yoghurt, oil , salt and egg yolks until combined, then add in flour (sifted) in a few batches
- In a separate bowl, using clean beaters, whip the egg whites with the vinegar for a few seconds. Gradually adding in the sugar and continue whipping to stuff peaks.
- Fold the egg whites into the yoghurt mixture in three batches. Pour the well mixed mixture into the cake tin. Arrange the berries on the mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, then reduce the heat to 150C. Bake for 15 more minutes. Place a cake stick to test if the cake is done, if the stick is clean then the cake is done.
- Remove the cake from the oven, tap the cake gently a couple times on the worktop to get rid of the hot air and let it cool on the rack
- When cool, run a stick around the side of the pan, and take the cake out.
- The cake is best served chilled.
“The BEST millionaire shortbread in Newbury!” – Katy from Newbury
Ingredients and Equipment
A baking tray (12″ x 7″).
- 150g of plain flour.
- 50g of self raising flour.
- 25g of rice flour.
- A pinch of salt.
- 130g of butter.
- 70g of sugar.
- 120g of butter
- 75g of brown sugar
- 397g can of condensed milk
- 30g of honey
- Some coarse sea salt
The dark chocolate topping
- 300g of dark chocolate
1. Preheat the oven to 170C.
2. Mix the flour (sifted), sugar and a pinch of salt
3. Cut butter into small bits
4. Mix the butter with the flour mixture and rub until the texture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
5. Press the mixture into the base of the tin. Prick the shortbread lightly with a fork and chill for 10 minutes. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes. Leave to cool in the tin.
6. To make the caramel, place the butter ( cut into small pieces) , brown sugar, honey and condensed milk in a pan using medium heat, then low heat for about 7 to 8 minutes or until the mixture has thickened slightly. Pour over the shortbread and leave to cool. Add small amount of coarse sea salt on top of the caramel.
7. Break the dark chocolate into small pieces and melt it in a bowl inside the oven using the residual heat. It takes a few minutes depending on the temperature of the oven.
8. Pour the melted chocolate over the caramel and leave to set. Cut into squares and ready to serve.
“Tze’s Tiffin is the best !” said Isabella.
You will need a tray 12″x7″ lined with greaseproof paper.
Brown sugar 60g
Golden syrup 75g
Cocoa powder 6 t/spoon
Rich tea biscuits 250g
Digestive biscuits 50g
Raisins or chopped dates 30g
Dark chocolate 300g
Crush the biscuits into small pieces.
Melt the butter, sugar in the pot using medium heat.
Turn the heat to low, add the syrup and cocoa powder until combined.
Turn off the heat add the raisins, crushed biscuits and maltesers. Mix well.
Pour the biscuits mix into the tray and press hard.
Melt the dark chocolate and pour on top.
Chill in the fridge until set and cut into squares.
黑糖薑蓉椰汁年糕 Nian Gao with dark brown sugar, ginger and coconut milk. So this is VEGAN! I use two foil containers ( 115x140x40mm) INGREDIENTS Glutinous rice flour 260g Rice flour 60g Dark brown sugar 150g Pinch of sea salt Coconut milk 400ml Vegetable oil 15ml Minced […]
Ingredients For the pastry (makes approx 20 tarts) 撻皮是参考了簡易食譜何太的份量，但做法有少許變化。 我就加咗D鹽，加咗D醋。 225g of plain flour, plus extra for dusting 125g of butter, cubed 48g of caster sugar one small egg, beaten a few drops of vinegar (vinegar helps prevent the formation of gluten which makes for […]
“It melts in your mouth!”
Ingredients and Equipment
You will need a 7″ round 3″ deep cake tin and a tray slightly bigger tin (for hot water bath).
- 4 egg yolks,
- 100ml of milk
- 200g of cream cheese
- 1 teapoon of lemon zest
- 10g of potato flour, 26g of corn flour and 20g of plain flour
- 4 egg whites
- 80g of sugar
- a few drops of white vinegar
Please support Dragonmama by buying your cake tin using the following link. Thanks!
- Preheat the oven to 180 C . Line the bottom of the round cake tin with parchment.
- Bring the cream cheese to room temperature, then in a bowl mix in with lemon zest and milk
- Add the egg yolks follow by the flour(sifted)
- In a separate bowl, using clean beaters, whip egg whites with a few drop of white vinegar for a few seconds. Gradually sprinkle in the sugar and continue whipping to stiff peaks.
- Fold egg whites into the cream cheese mixture in three batches. Pour into the cake tin. Place the tin on the bigger tin and pour hot water in the big tin for about 2cm.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven, then reduce the heat to 150 degrees C . Continue to bake for 15 more minutes, then reduce to 120C for another 15 minutes. Let the cake cool before removing from the pan.
只要有李 很多人都想做一位有權有勢的當權者 我寧願退入深山做一個避世者 有理冇理，有你冇你 我已經不在乎了 就算沒有理、沒有你 我只愁沒有李 只想過著李子柒的田園生活 種一些李子樹 先賞李子花，然後採下李子爽著品賞李子 做一些李子醬、李子糕、李子乾 世上有理說不清，冇你也要接受 只要我有李，人生就不只是一場空 只要有李 很多人都想做一位有权有势的当权者 我宁愿退入深山做一个避世者 有理冇理，有你冇你 我已经不在乎了 就算没有理、没有你 我只愁没有李 只想过着李子柒的田园生活 种一些李子树 先赏李子花，然后采下李子爽着品赏李子 做一些李子酱、李子糕、李子干 世上有理说不清，冇你也要接受 只要我有李，人生就不只是一场空
How can anyone not mention about covid-19?
Flu like symptoms:
I was a bit under the weather, but the world has changed a lot nothing is normal nowadays. I knew I needed to book a covid test slot. From now on bed would be my best friend for the next few days. Honeysuckle tea was on the top of my drink list.
I couldn’t taste anything, I had lost my sense of taste. So glad my sense of humour had stuck with me. So I didn’t feel lonely at all. Still no test slots available.
It’s true that you don’t have to have children…..there are only two things that you can’t avoid in life: death and taxes. You just pay your taxes and die.
I’m so fortunate to be blessed with a not so clever child, but he’ll do just fine. Fastest fingers first, he managed to grab me a test slot.
Off I went for my test I felt like winning the lottery. As it turned out I was the only person being tested on the entire showground. It dawned on me that no wonder the numbers of confirmed daily cases were under ten of thousands. Test done within one minute. Words could not express my appreciation.
Went home, time to restart my life as a dishwasher.
Rolled out of my bed, cooked some soup. My sense of taste had come back to me. OMG, can you relate to my happiness of lost and found? It was the most amazing soup I’d had for a long long time. For a moment I was wondering who cooked that soup! Suddenly I thought of my late mother and the soup she used to cook. I was in tears.
I had the most yummy tasty orange today, it was sweet and full of different layers of flavours.
I guess most of us don’t like waiting, and the game of waiting is the game that I hate the most. The waiting continued…
The result was back in the morning, it came back just under 64 hours. It was negative!
My friend Sam messaged me that she had tried for hours to book a test slot online without any success. She had gone bananas.
From now on, the only people that I’ll see and talk to would be the selective few who are really truly matter to me.
有人问，“你买到口罩吗？” 有人问，“你需要口罩吗？” 有人问，“口罩还是难求及昂贵的，好果你需要我可以尽量帮你找一些，要吗？” 我回覆，“我买不到口罩也不需要买，已经有少量在手，你们有心了，不要麻烦大家了！” 再有人问，“你买到口罩吗？你要口罩吗？” 我回覆，改变了一吓说法，“我买不到口罩也不打算买，但我还有少量，但如果你不怕麻烦又方便就买些寄来吧！” 其实我真的不想麻烦任何人，就算我一只口罩都没有我都会想办法拆掂佢。 无论如何，十分感激寄口罩给我的人，你温暖了我的心，人有能力做多一点，就多一点，世界就更美好了！ 人应该要求别人少一点， 真的会是皆大欢喜。 麻烦任何人，可免则免。 口罩真的很贵， 令人窝心的口罩简直是不能用金钱来衡量！ 我想起了你，希望你一切安好，我不会担心你的，直觉令我觉得你是幸福及安全的，我们不一定需要大家，有点像口罩，买不到口罩就一定会有其他方法的。 这国家也厉害了，终于轻易地超越了意大利。身处疫情世界第二高的地方，梦里梦外却痴痴的渴望你问，“快绐我地址，让我可给你寄一些口罩，疫情过后还要去见你！” 你好，大家好。我是周到，孩子们的姑姑就是我。 😉 Lockdown 英伦 2020年五月
政府將會免費派送CU口罩，真的銅你有緣就會CU again ?
為你糉情，所以包糉。 你可以話我儍，我就係咁懶都要包糭，請你多多包容！ 中國有屈原，中國人的光榮； 我們有端午節，中國人的文化傳統； 端午節有各種各樣的糉子，中國人的節日美食，代代相傳，家家愛吃。 做中國人就是最光榮最幸福， 但我們不忘歷史的教訓，國家人民的苦難，中國傳統文化充滿著不滅的智慧。我以中華民族的女兒為驕傲！ 全素糉 糉葉70至80片，先浸熱水， 洗擦乾淨， 抹乾水份。 白棉繩。 糯米750克洗淨再用清水浸最少2至3小時，調味： 鹽15克， 糖8克，油20g，五香粉、生抽、老抽隨意 去皮綠豆550克洗淨再用清水浸最少2至3小時，調味： 鹽12克，糖8克，油10克，五香粉隨意 黑米隨意，洗淨 南乳一至一塊半，冬菇30至50克浸開切成小塊，腐竹枝30至50克浸開切成小塊，菜脯30克洗淨切粒，栗子大約30粒 少許油落鑊炆冬菇及竹枝，加少量酒、老抽及冰糖，大約15分鐘 黑米加入準備好的糯米内拌勻
Crêpe with or without primrose (you)
1. 60g of plain flour
2. One egg
3. 5g of sugar
4. Pinch of sea salt
5. 180g of milk
6. 15-20g of butter for frying
7. Primula vulgaris optional
8. Sugar and fresh lemon juice to serve, or any fresh fruit/ice cream etc
1. Mix the ingredients(1 to 5) into a smooth thin batter, and rest for 15 minutes
2. In a small or medium pan melt a small lump of butter over medium heat.
3. Pour about three to four table spoons of batter evenly onto the pan, swirling it to evenly coat. You can place the flowers on the batter now.
4. Cook 2 minutes, then flip over and cook another minute or so until both sides turned golden colour.
5. Serve with sugar and fresh lemon juice, or any fruit/ice cream of your choice.