Lemon Chiffon Cheese Cake
“It melts in your mouth!”
Ingredients and Equipment
You will need a 7″ round 3″ deep cake tin and a tray slightly bigger tin (for hot water bath).
- 4 egg yolks,
- 100ml of milk
- 200g of cream cheese
- 1 teapoon of lemon zest
- 10g of potato flour, 26g of corn flour and 20g of plain flour
- 4 egg whites
- 80g of sugar
- a few drops of white vinegar
Please support Dragonmama by buying your cake tin using the following link. Thanks!
- Preheat the oven to 180 C . Line the bottom of the round cake tin with parchment.
- Bring the cream cheese to room temperature, then in a bowl mix in with lemon zest and milk
- Add the egg yolks follow by the flour(sifted)
- In a separate bowl, using clean beaters, whip egg whites with a few drop of white vinegar for a few seconds. Gradually sprinkle in the sugar and continue whipping to stiff peaks.
- Fold egg whites into the cream cheese mixture in three batches. Pour into the cake tin. Place the tin on the bigger tin and pour hot water in the big tin for about 2cm.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven, then reduce the heat to 150 degrees C . Continue to bake for 15 more minutes, then reduce to 120C for another 15 minutes. Let the cake cool before removing from the pan.