咸蛋曲奇 Salted egg yolk cookies
- 100g butter
- 50g brown sugar
- 4 cooked salted egg yolks
- 200g of plain flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- One small egg beaten
- Sift the flour, baking powder and baking soda into a mixing bowl. Add the sugar and butter, then rub together until the texture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the mashed cooked salted egg yolks into the mixture.
- Then knead gently until dough comes together. Wrap in cling film and chill for 30 minutes.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a large baking tray.
- After 30 minutes, divide the dough into small bits, around 22g each.
- Roll each into a ball and flatten to about ¼ inch thick. Place them on the parchment paper. Leave some space between each cookie.
- Preheat the oven to 170C.
- Brush the top of the cookies with the beaten egg.
- Baked for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.