Chestnut swiss roll 栗子瑞士卷
For the swiss roll sponge:
1. Plain flour 57g
2. Cocoa powder 27g
3. Sugar 85g
4. Large eggs 5
1. Chestnut purée 200g
2. Sugar 25g
3. Double cream 120g
4. Vodka vanilla 15ml
1. Preheat oven to 160C
2. Place a sheet of greaseproof paper in a swiss roll tin(13″ x 9″)
3. Whisk the eggs and sugar for approx. 8 minutes until ribbon consistency
4. Sift the cocoa powder and flour into the mixture, fold it in lightly.
5. Pour the mixture in the tin and bake for 15-17 minutes.
6. Remove from oven, roll it up while warm
7. Mix the chestnut purée and sugar well, add the vodka vanilla. Whip the cream until thick. Mix the
cream and chestnut mixture together.
8. Unroll the swiss roll and peel off the greaseproof paper. Spread the chestnut cream on the sponge and
roll up tightly.
9. Refrigerate for at least one hour and ready to serve.