榴槤芝士撻durian cheese tarts
1. Cream cheese 200g
2. Butter 18g
3. Durian 100g (mashed)
4. Sugar 22g
5. Vanilla extract 1/2 teaspoon
6. Egg one separated
1. You will need some tart pastry (in moulds) see Hong Kong egg tarts post for details.
Bake 8 tart shells in preheated oven @ 170C for around 10-12 minutes. Let them cool down and unmould them.
2. Put Cream cheese, Butter, Durian and Sugar in a saucepan melt the mixture using medium low heat until combined.
3. Add the egg white and vanilla extract into the pan and turn the heat to low, cook for a few minutes until the mixture thicken. Place the mixture into a bowl and let it cool down then refrigerate for an hour.
4. Preheat the oven to 225C.
5. Spoon the cool mixture into the cooked tart shells, brush some egg yolk on the top and bake on the middle shelf of the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes.