Steamed rice cupcake 砵仔糕
This has been my all time favorite snack since I was a child. I am so glad some people love it as much as I do, especially my darling son.
Let’s see how easy to make some.
1. Dark brown sugar 50g
2. Cooked red beans (optional)
3. Water 310g
4. Potato flour 10g
5. Tapioca flour 15g
6. Rice flour 75g
- In a wok add some water and place a 6-hole cupcake tin on a rack. Turn the heat to medium.
- Add 210g of water and the sugar in a pan, bring to boil on medium heat, stir the sugar until melted.
- In a jug add in all the flour mix with 100g of water, mix well
- Pour the sugar hot water into the flour mixture, make sure all well mixed
- Pour the mixture into the cupcake tin when the water is boiling. Adjust the heat to medium high.
- Two minutes later add the cooked red beans in the middle of each cupcake
- Steam for a further 10 minutes until cooked.
- Take it out and let it cool for about 15-20 minutes
- Unmould and best eat while warm.