Berry yoghurt cake
Ingredients and equipment
You will need a 7″round 3″ deep cake tin lined with greaseproof paper at the bottom.
- 4 egg yolks
- 80g of plain yoghurt
- A pinch of salt
- 40g of vegetable oil
- 15g of potato flour
- 60g of plain flour
- 60g of sugar
- 4 egg whites
- A few drops of vinegar
- A cup of berries of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 160C.
- Mix the yoghurt, oil , salt and egg yolks until combined, then add in flour (sifted) in a few batches
- In a separate bowl, using clean beaters, whip the egg whites with the vinegar for a few seconds. Gradually adding in the sugar and continue whipping to stuff peaks.
- Fold the egg whites into the yoghurt mixture in three batches. Pour the well mixed mixture into the cake tin. Arrange the berries on the mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, then reduce the heat to 150C. Bake for 15 more minutes. Place a cake stick to test if the cake is done, if the stick is clean then the cake is done.
- Remove the cake from the oven, tap the cake gently a couple times on the worktop to get rid of the hot air and let it cool on the rack
- When cool, run a stick around the side of the pan, and take the cake out.
- The cake is best served chilled.